Poesiealbum - englische Sprüche

• Hallo,
    ich suche englische Sprüche für Poesiealben.
    Habe schon gegoogelt bin aber nicht fündig geworden.
    Hat jemand einen Tipp oder weiß einen netten Spruch?

Freue mich über jede Antwort!
    Leila

• The world is a book and those who not travel read only a page
    - St. Augustine

• Hallo Leila
    mir hat meine alte Englischlehrerin vor Jahren folgendes reingeschrieben:
    "People who sit in glashouses
    should not throw stones"

Grüße vom Schulkind

• Das ist schon mal nicht schlecht... Danke! :) Aber es müsste doch eine Homepage mit solchen Sprüchen geben, oder?

Leila

• Even the sceptical mind must be prepared to accept the unacceptable when there is no alternative. If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.

We need to be childish in order to understand. Only a child sees things with perfect clarity, because it hasn't developed all those filters which prevent us from seeing things that we don't expect to see.

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value: rather it is one of those that give value to the survival.

Some people come into our lifes and quickly go. Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our heart and we are never ever the same.

I asked for a flower, he gave me a garden. I asked for a tree, he gave me a forest. I asked for a river, he gave me an ocean. I asked for a friend, he gave me you.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Suche mal nach "Poesiealbum". Bei einer deutschen Seite auf der ersten Ergebnisseite gab es auch einige englische Sprüche.

Gruß leppy, die z.Zt. in zig Poesiealben schreiben "muss" ;)

• Ich weiß nicht, ob sich folgendes konkret für Poesiealben eignet, mag die Sprüche aber trotzdem gern.

"I say, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, so, what have you lost? Nothing!" (Monty Python bzw. "Life of Brian"

"Beauty is only skin deep, ugly goes to the bone."
    (Murphy's Law)

"I was angry with my friend, I told my wrath, my wrath did end. I was angry with my foe, I told it not, my wrath did grow."

Feed your brain, move your ass, love your body!

• Noch ein paar:

If today was perfect there would be no need for tomorrow...

Dreams are journeys that take one far from familiar shores, strengthening the heart, empowering the soul.

• "I was angry with my friend" ist so eine Sache...

A Poison Tree - a poem by William Blake

I was angry with my friend;
    I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
    I was angry with my foe:
    I told it not, my wrath did grow.

And I waterd it in fears,
    Night and morning with my tears:
    And I sunned it with smiles,
    And with soft deceitful wiles.

And it grew both day and night,
    Till it bore an apple bright.
    And my foe beheld it shine,
    And he knew that it was mine.

And into my garden stole.
    When the night had veiled the pole;
    In the morning glad I see,
    My foe outstretchd beneath the tree.

Wunderschönes Gedicht, aber vielleicht nicht für's Poesiealbum.
    Hier findet sich einiges:

http://www.quotedb.com/

"If I ran a school, I'd give the average grade to the ones who gave me all the right answers, for being good parrots. I'd give the top grades to those who made a lot of mistakes and told me about them, and then told me what they learned from them."
    -- Buckminster Fuller

w.

Frölich zärtlich lieplich und klärlich lustlich stille leysejn senffter süsser keuscher sainer weysewach du minnikliches schönes weib

• "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Of course,so does falling down a flight of stairs."

"True beauty is on the inside, where no one will ever see it."

“Once you’ve accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you.” (Tyrion Lannister)

"True friends stab you in the front." (Oscar Wilde)

"I can resist everything but temptation." (Oscar Wilde)

"Always forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them as much." (Oscar Wilde)

"In order to know virtue, we must first acquaint ourselves with vice." (Marquis de Sade)

"All universal moral principles are idle fantasies." (Marquis de Sade)

Werbung