Ausländische Lehrerin in Deutschland ?!?

• Liebe Kollegen,

ich komme aus China und möchte aus privaten Gründen nach Deutschland ziehen und dort weiterhin als Lehrerin (Englisch & Chinesisch in Grund- und Mittelschule) arbeiten. Ich spreche etwas deutsch, fließend englisch und beherrsche einige chinesische Dialekte.

Welche (deutschen und/oder internationalen) Zertifikate muss ich in Deutschland vorweisen können? Kann ich an öffentlichen oder nur an privaten Schulen unterrichten? Gibt es Unterschiede zwischen den Bundesländern (ich möchte in Hamburg, Schleswig-Holstein oder Niedersachsen wohnen). Was gibt es noch zu beachten? Habe ich überhaupt Chancen???

Fragen über Fragen, doch dazu sind Threads da...

Liebe Grüße aus Shantou, China

Cin

:!: (bei der Übersetzung dieser Frage (englisch -> deutsch) habe ich Hilfe bekommen - Ihr könnt gerne auch auf englisch antworten) :!:

• Hi Cin

to be honest, I think you'll have some issues getting certified to teach at a German state school. State schools tend to teach in German and your language skills will possibly be too poor in this instance. Your best chance are international schools in Germany. The language of instruction is usually English, and they will have more of a need for someone who can speak Chinese. Additionally, they will be more used to employing teachers from a range of backgrounds. To find them, you can go to the ECIS website:
    http://www.ecis.org, then go to SEARCH and search for a member school.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Dejana

• Dejana,

thank you for your quick reply. I will follow your advices accordingly.

Have a nice evening!

Cin

• Hi Cin,

i'm teaching at a private school in Baden-Württemberg. The last two years we had da teacher from Australia. At the beginning he couldn't speak a word in german. It was really good, because the children had to speak english in the lessons! (Sorry for my english). So I think you can try it at every private school.

Good luck.

Sanne

• The greater issue for you will be that as a non-EU national you need a residence title (Aufenthaltstitel, i. e. Visum, to enter the country, + Aufenthaltserlaubnis, a residence permit) to take up employment in Germany. By law the residence title has to give information whether and to which extent access to the labour market is granted. This information replaces the former work permit (Arbeitserlaubnis). If you intend to commence work in Germany you have to apply for a visa with the competent German mission abroad.

The visa application will be submitted to the local aliens authority (Ausländerbehörde) where you intend to reside in Germany. The aliens authority has to coordinate its decision with the local labour office (Arbeitsagentur), which will give an approval only when German or other European nationals or their partners are not available to fill the position.

At the moment there is no need for Chinese teachers, as manpower approach is more than sufficient since young ladies from your country have discovered that not only Chinese, but also European men can be good husbands. :thumbup:

Therefore you should also consider to apply for a PhD student visa. While studying at a German university as a non-EU citizen you are allowed to work without any restrictions within the university or during 90 full days/180 half days (4 hrs.) outside, e. g. as a language teacher.

Another option is to become a professor at a Chinese university. For ‘highly qualified’ foreigners the access to the German labour market is less restricted.

However, the formally easiest way is - indeed - to get married. :thumbup:

• Hi Cin :)

Depending on where you wanna live in Germany try to get a job in Luxemburg, they have a lot of international schools and will surely be glad to offer a Chinese teacher to their students. Otherwise try to work at a secondary school first where you can teach in English only until you know enough German to go back to primary school.

Good luck!!

Werbung